6 & 8 Sided Polygon Tables
The Chappell Universal Square includes a comprehensive polygon rafter table that is available for the first time ever on a framing square. The tables include values for 6 & 8 sided polygons with common pitches from 2:12 to 18:12, to include:
- Common rafter length per unit of run.
- Difference in lengths of jack rafters per unit of spacing.
- Top cut of jack rafters.
- Length of Hip & Valley rafters per unit of common run.
- Difference in length of jack purlins per unit of spacing.
- Top cut of jack purlins.</strong
- Sheathing angle offset per 1 unit.
- Depth of backing & bevel angles per unit of hip or valley width.
- Housing angle of purlin to hip or valley.
- Hip & Valley side layout angle to purlin header.
- Housing angle of hip or valley to principal (common rafter) and horizontal plate.
- Working plane top of hip or valley.
- Purlin/Frieze Side cut angle. Mitered fascia face layout angles.
- Hip & Valley backing angles.
- Jack rafter and purlin top cut saw angle.
- Fascia/Frieze miter saw cut angles.