The best rafter square
Our mission when we developed this rafter square was to make a powerful, durable, and accurate square of the highest quality. As a result, we believe that we hit the mark. This rafter square will provide long-term value to the carpenter not only through many years of use but most importantly through expanded confidence and creativity. We believe you will agree once you’ve used the Chappell Universal rafter square.
- The front side body has a comprehensive Equal Pitched Rafter Table. Great for determining layout of hip and valley roof systems with common pitches ranging from 2/12 to 18/12.
- The front side tongues have Unequal Pitch Rafter Tables. Perfect for unequal roof systems ranging from 4/12 to 15/12 with one being a pitch of 12/12.
- The back side body has comprehensive Polygon Rafter Tables for both hexagons and octagons.
- The backside tongues have Unequal Pitch Rafter Tables. Made for unequal roof systems ranging from 4/12 to 15/12 with one being a There was an error retrieving the YouTube video ID for the url you entered, please verify that the url is correct.pitch of 9/12.
Constructed of 13 gauge 304 stainless steel with deep etched rulings and tables. Precision milled to within .003″. This framing square is built to last. The Master Framer, (Model #1824) has a body 2″ x24″ and a tongue of 1-1/2″ x 18″. The Traveler, (Model #1218) has a body 2″ x 18″ and a tongue of 1-1/2″ x 12″.
No shortcuts are taken in the production of Chappell Squares. All materials and processes were meticulously chosen because they provided the highest quality product for you the consumer. We hope you will enjoy these beautiful yet powerful tools as much as we do.
Here are some more of the features that set us apart.
• All of our squares are deeply etched for outstanding clarity and durability. Our photochemical etching process produces stunning results far superior in quality to other current technologies used by our competitors such as laser etching or stamping.
• Our squares are all individually machined to exacting tolerances on CNC milling machines. This allows for precise control of our end product and provides a superior finished edge.
• All Chappell squares are made from 304 Stainless steel. This ensures your square will be non-marking in use while providing a long service life that will retain an attractive, clean finish.